Hello there! Today I have a list of basic craft supplies for a beginner crafter. Yes, I know what you are thinking. I know that there are a lot of lists out there and I have referred to a few myself when I was starting out. Some lists have been helpful, others not so much. for example- I will not need fabric glue as a beginner jewellery crafter. So, here is a list of very basic craft supplies that you would need as a beginner. As an added bonus, I have included stuff that is pocket-friendly and also available anywhere in India.
- Fevicol MR Flip Top, 500 grams – This glue is good for arts and crafts (cardboard, paper etc)
- ETI Masking Tape for Carpenters & Painters 2 Roll of 24mm X 20Mtr – This is required for some of the painting projects
- Fevistik Glue Stik, 15 grams – Another must have for paper projects
DO NOT stock up on paint in case you don’t wish to use it in all your projects. Just buy the ones that you are comfortable with. The best ones, in my opinion, are Acrylic Colour. You can use these on the glass, wood, paper, cardboard and some even on fabric. Please check the label for instructions before using them on any surface.
Basic Sewing Kit
A basic kit should have fabric scissors, needles and thread.
- Scissors – A basic one will last a long time, however, remember not to cut paper with the same scissors
- Sewing Threads – Basic colours can be used sew/ mend a lot of stuff in your closet
- Needles – Good for both embroidery and hand sewing
- Paper Scissors
- Pens – Gel or Sparkle, choose the ones that go with your style
- Fabric scraps – I have a lot of clothes that I do not wear, the best way to recycle!
This should get you started. From here you can build your own stock of craft supplies as per the crafts you love. Let me know in the comment section below if you think there are any other essentials for beginners.
Please subscribe to my blog if you liked this post!